Burn The Holiday Calories: Post-Holiday Workout
We all go a bit crazy during the holidays, eating what we love, and honestly, why not? The delicious food and treats should never be missed during the holiday season. But we know that you are health conscious, and therefore, don’t worry, after indulging in the festivities and loads of calories, you can try this post-holiday workout to make sure to get back into shape and burn the excess calories. At Bree Hunter Fitness, we have numerous workout plans that you can take advantage of. In the meanwhile, read through to learn what you can do to burn off the extra calories.
- Try out the narrow squats. Place your hands in front of your chest in a pose of prayer while standing upright with your feet together. As you squat, put your weight on your heels, bend your knees and push your hips back. Your glutes should be engaged as you pull your shoulders back. Repeat about 15 times.
- You could even try some incline push-ups. Get a chair and stand in a lifted plank stance with your feet behind you and keep your hands on the seat’s edges. Keeping your elbows at your sides, squat halfway down. Return to the inclined plank position by raising yourself back up once your arms are at a 90-degree angle. Practice this about 15 times.
- Who doesn’t love burpees? Starting in the plank position, hop your feet in the direction of your hands. Reach your fingertips up to the ceiling as you rise and leap as high as you can. Do it 15 times, then get back into a plank posture.
- Try out the old-school method of losing weight – jumping jacks. Try 50 of these, or more if you wish to, to burn the excess calories.
- If the weather is good outside, go for a walk or a run. Nothing beats getting outside for fresh air. It’s simple and effective, so why not use it to your advantage and lose the extra pounds you’ve gained? It’s a great holiday workout provided the weather permits you to go outdoors.
There are numerous other forms of exercise that you can try. One-legged squats, triceps dips, and many others. If you’re looking to seriously lose those extra pounds, get in touch with our team and we’ll help you attain your fitness goals quickly and effectively. Contact us today.